Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Let's go outback tonight?

Outback Steakhouse

Ok, I really don't care if you're one of those people who just haaates chain restaurants. Yes, most of them just microwave up some frozen food pounded with salt so that we love to eat it. But still, some chains out there are enjoyable.

april2010_fresh_teriyakimedallions.jpg
I recently went to Outback Steakhouse and really enjoyed my entree. I ordered the Teriyaki Filet Medallions- so good! The teriyaki flavoring was done very well- not too much, just right. The meat itself was great, and that's coming from someone who rarely bothers eating meat cuz it kind of grosses me out. The dish also came with green and red peppers, rice, and veggies. I'd get this one again.

nov2010_artichokeflatbread.jpg
I was really enticed by the photo of their Chicken Artichoke Flatbread on the menu. At chain restaurants I usually try their artichoke and spinach item (love Applebee's artichoke and spinach dip, hate Friday's version of it). However, it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It was really cheesy and unfortunately that cheese overpowered the artichoke and spinach. A lot. It was also a tad burnt on the edges so it was crispy in a non-tasty way. But it was a good idea, Outback. Cute picture too.... misleading though.

One thing though, Outback. Can you please get rid of those stupid bathroom signs? It's trying to be clever and cute in true Aussie style I suppose- but when I have to stare at both bathroom doors to figure out which one is the little girls' room, I've done too much work.



Bonefish Grill

LG BT_bang-bang shrimp..jpg
While I'm on the topic of chain restaurants, I just have to mention how much I love Bonefish's Bang Bang Shrimp. It's soooo good and the Bonefish near me has $5 specials for it on Wednesdays. The shrimp is a little spicy, but not too much- if I can handle it, so can you. It's served over crisp salad which makes it sooo delicious. I have to say that in general Bonefish always does an excellent job on every meal I've had there. The service is always great, the bread is delicious, the fish is prepared very nicely, and they have a nice drink selection. I also love their Pan Asian sauce for the fish entrees and their vegetable medley is my favorite out of any other. A+. In my opinion, Bonefish Grill is the best chain out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment